My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://androidcruze.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No Cell Radio v1.2 apk download


No Cell Radio v1.2
No Cell Radio v1.2 apk
Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: This is a simple home page widget that does two things in one step - 1) turns on Airplane Mode - which will turn off the cell radio, GPS, Bluetooth, and WiFi - then 2) turn WiFi back on.
No Cell Radio v1.2
Please note: your battery usage stats don't change until the device is fully charged.
This app uses standard Android SDK system calls to work it's magic so should work on any Android compatible device.
I wrote this for my Sprint Galaxy Tab which I use strictly via WiFi - the cell radio is on by default and consumes about 2% of my battery looking for service that I don't want or have.
On the Galaxy Tab, getting to the Airplane Mode setting is a pain - it's not on the Notification Bar pull down. So I wrote this widget to do what I need - maybe it will help someone else.
No Cell Radio v1.2
PERMISSIONS:
WRITE_SETTINGS - this is needed to toggle Airplane Mode.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - these are used to read and change the WiFi state back on after toggling Airplane Mode on.
I am committed to my apps and users - I test my apps on various emulators, a Samsung Galaxy S class Epic, and a Samsung 7" Galaxy Tab (Sprint).
This app is available on over 830 devices and there is no way I can test on all of them, so if you have troubles, please contact me and we can work it out.
Free No Cell Radio v1.2 apk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More